The Libertore Fund for Children's mission is to make a difference in the lives of at-risk children, eliminating barriers to their success so they can realize a brighter future. Collectively, we strive to be a game changer in their lives.
Research tells us that families and children are at-risk due to many factors. Some of these factors are; poverty, lack of parental education, single-parenting, homelessness, physical, mental and sexual abuse, substance abuse, mental illness, welfare dependence and illiteracy.
At-risk children often live in fear, are hungry, sickly, or have little educational support. Any of these factors makes it difficult for a child to focus and learn in school. Low-achieving students are at-risk of dropping out of school, teen pregnancy, drug addiction, economic dependency, and incarceration.
We believe that all children should have their basic needs met, but beyond that, they should have a safe, caring environment in which to live; mental and health care when needed; spiritual guidance; educational opportunities to ensure academic success; and ample food & water so they never go to bed or wake up hungry.
Our Vision is a world where children thrive, have hope, and realize dreams.
Our goal is to raise money to support non-profit organizations that are dedicated to improving the quality of life of at-risk youth by removing obstacles so they can realize their full human potential and become productive members of our society. Organizations that:
- Address basic human needs, such as food, housing, and related services for families with children
- Promote health and nutrition education for young children and families
- Promote social, emotional, and cognitive development of children, including programs that support and educate parents
- Expand academic support, mentoring and recreational programs for underprivileged children and youth and/or specific needs youth
- Provide provide positive relationships with adult mentors
- Provide emotional, nutritional and spiritual support for women who have experienced unplanned pregnancies; including prenatal and parenting education.
- Early intervention for school readiness
- Provide support for the unborn child and the family.
- Provide shelters/homes for homeless families with children or for abused, neglected or orphaned children and/or a parent
Our team has 20/20 vision, with a focus on making a difference in the lives of at-risk children,
so they can realize a brighter future.
Focus * Vision * Future